Cyndia & Hessicia



Lots of people were there, and everyone remembers this time through their own truths. But this is how I remember it, and this is my truth.



Hessicia & Cyndia came into my life like a wreaking ball. My very muddled, mundane, 20 something life, and they showed me this new world that sat right on top of the boring ass world that I was in. I had just had a baby, money was tight, I was adjusting from having one 6 year old child to now having another, everything was so painfully ordinary.

I saw an advertisement in a window for "Witch in the Woods Class" something like a 6 week class to teach you how to be a self sufficient witch with very few purchased items, most everything else you could forge in the woods. I lived in the desert, the sticky, sweltering, over 100 almost every day in the summer, desert. So to play with things from the woods sounded like fun. I was also such a green ass, baby witch I wasn't even self sufficient with all the bought shit in the world so I was in! However, entering into the unknown World of Witchcraft on my own was daunting, so I enlisted my sister in law to come with. Little did I know, I would honestly never look at the world the same way again.

The class was taught by Cyndia, at The Witches Grove. It was co-taught by Hessicia, she's like your favorite aunt that sneaks you cigarettes and wine and encourages you to dance on tables. Cyndia was more restrained. She was the serious one out of the two. Cyn was Capricorn, which she once described to me as a blessing and a curse. She had a good head for business, but felt like a stick in the mud a lot. Hess is an Aquarius, with all the air and wind and magic she could muster into the tip of her little witch finger!

They became my witches! My Witch Family! The class itself taught me so many witch basics that I still use every day. How to set an altar, how to pick a wand, how to mix incense and how to have a cup of tea (literally the same way only like an effing witch).

Cyn & Hess never once doubted me. They accepted everything about me, even my shitty aspects. from the second I met them they told me I was one of them, and I could never go back.

There are these, thoughts [I guess is the best word], that would linger in my peripheral vision.I couldn't quite see them, or form them into a fully developed thought, but they were there. Always nagging at me like I was missing something. Listening and having these new experiences with my new witches made me realize these blurry unseen thoughts is my intuition and I need to understand what that is. Cyndia taught me with books and charts and guided meditations. Hessicia taught me with late nights of wine and fires, and how magic influences the senses and the witch. Both of these methods working together was the greatest gift I could of ever asked for in witch teachers.

My third eye Blew The Fuck Open! I was seeing things that I couldn't even process quickly enough to understand. And they were there for me, when it got scary, when shit got too real, they were always there. I had also met and embraced a whole community of witches. Each with their own gifts to give and share. So much love, so much, hate, so much everything. But it was ours. We had each others magical backs on every plane of every dimension in every universe.

There are these moments, of spectacular magic. Unfortunately we usually only recognize them once they have passed. This time, this moment of spectacular magic, was so rare and beautiful that I can only long for it and miss it now.

Every bit of witch that I am today is because of that time. Because of those two crazy, beautiful, mad, clever, amazing witches. I am still growing and learning in my craft, and sometimes I look around and wish I was back there, drinking wine with Hess and watching her and Cyn go at it over which is better to use in a cleansing, sage or dragons blood. That time, that place, those people, are what magic is to me.

That was 15 years ago. I don't live in that valley anymore, and most of my sister witches don't either. That magical time only lasted a few years, arguments, witch wars, hurt feelings, everything broke up. Going back now is like a shell of what I once knew. We still keep in contact, throughout many states. It's like the whole thing threw us all to the wind. Hessicia moved to South Carolina, she used to call me at 2am and we would ramble about magic and energy just like we did around the fire. But she hasn't called in years. Cyndia had a lot of huge hard life lessons and set backs, I know for a fact the Goddess was with her every step of the way. She became pure wild energy last year, she comes to see me in my now clear thoughts and dreams. I miss them.



For Cyn.

Comments

Popular Posts