The Existential Witch




I know I haven't posted a lot lately, and it isn't because I don't want to. It is because I am genuinely at an impasse on what to post.  I feel that content should be 100% genuine and come from a place of truth or else it falls flat, and under values the reader.

Over the past few months I have been in an incredible transformation process. After years of being completely immersed in to Witch culture and everything that encompasses, there has been a shift. While I still identify as Witch and always will it is beginning to look different.

What does Witch mean to you? What is it that you do or that is inside of you that makes you Witch?

While I still have all of my physical tools for witchcraft, athame, cauldron, herbs, oils, I use them in more a celebratory way. This shift in consciousness has me using my own energy and mythically born gifts as opposed to spells, rituals and curses.  There is a freedom that is exhilarating with knowing I have all of the knowledge and abilities inside of me to change my world and not because I mixed the proper herb at the exact right time on the waning moon during Scorpio in a metal tiger year.

What do you think? Can a Witch work in this capacity? Do you know that you have all of the secrets of the Universe inside of yourself as well?

Comments

  1. I absolutely agree and was just talking to my mom about this this morning. There comes a point that you stop needing the tools and spells and just realize that you are a walking, talking “spell” manifesting your life as you go. You “become”. And the tools begin to lose their significance except as I use them to honor my deity in celebratory ritual. I think that’s what you meant and it’s certainly become true for me as well. - Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Yes!! In celebration of Deity or Planetary or Self even, the tools are amazing and open up specific energy fields to touch them and use them. But for daily life I am losing my need to grab a candle to right a wrong or concoct a tincture because I want to attract something to me. We are walking temples, we posses all the magic in the Universe inside of us. ~S

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts