Certainty



I carry her around with me like a badge of honor. Intuition created her and fed her with visions of truths and beliefs. Certainty has gotten me through rough times, she encourages my knowing when I start to question myself. In return I pump her up and she feeds Ego. She likes that, Certainty flirts with Ego until he finally acknowledges her. Then they are one in the same. Certainty and Ego sitting in a tree, ignoring new facts and new beliefs because feeding off of each other is way more satisfying. Before I know it, being right has more to do with Ego then it does about being right. It is so delightful I let them run rampant, fornicating all over my beliefs, making me blind.

Until, finally, Doubt is invited to the party. Doubt is the old man turning the music off at 10 and telling everyone to go home. He breaks up Certainty and Egos love nest and forces them to relinquish their grasp on my beliefs. To see some new reason. To stop their path of destruction through my mind. I'm so glad Doubt intervened before Action got there. Cuz that bitch don't give a fuck.

Comments

  1. Oh boy does this ever resonate with me. Its hard to see our own stumbling blocks, the ones that we create. I’m in a learning curve right now. Lessons hard. Lessons are painful but after I get out of my own way It will be good. I’m proud of you Sweet girl. The fact that you came to that understanding about being right and your ego, well you are miles ahead of many peoples personal growth. Sky’s your limit. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donnie :) I still have so much to learn in this life, I'm trying to pave the way to make it as painless as possible lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts