Be careful what you wish for.

I work in a shop. Not glamorous, not posh, not high end. Just a shop, gifts, books, cards, crystals, herbs, candles, witch shop. Half witch shop, half, whatever pays the bills. It's peaceful, no one is stressing on me every day. The smell reminds hippies of head shops, the atmosphere is comforting. I get all types of customers, and sometimes the occasional Wytch. I can't really complain, my boss is awesome, the hours and days are amazing. But most of my day is spent doing next to nothing. I mean I can only rearrange incense so many times. And I sit here, day after day knowing that I am wasting so much of me on this broken uncomfortable stool behind this scratched glass counter.

This isn't my first rodeo, I've worked in plenty of these kinds of shops but this is the first time there is zero community. I mean I'd rather be dealing with people coming in asking how to get the fairies out of their trees and some other random customer telling them they need a dragon (this is a real conversations I was in by the way) then having no one talking about anything.

And I know that I am snarky and off putting a lot of the time, mostly cuz I hate people in general so it's kind of hard for me to find this weird balance between hating everyone but also wanting a circle of .... of what? Wytches, friends, Pagans?? I don't even know.

So at the beginning of any journey there is a question put to the universe, a plea, a wandering thought, and this is mine. Where in this universe will I find what I am looking for? Where will I fit in best where my talents and my mind and my cynical out look be most utilized. I'm tired of living someone else dream and being someone elses rock.

I feel like the energy around me is on the precipice of something amazing, and all I have to do is grab it.



The Sea Wytch


Comments

Popular Posts