Making Tarot bags & Caring for your cards

So I'm loving my Wild Unknown decks, but they need their very own bags. I'm a big believer in putting as much of your own energy into your magick as possible, so I love making pouches and bags for all of my Magickal tools.

Since these decks are so similar and so opposite in their own packaging I decided to continue that theme.





 I had these two fabrics on hand already.



Before I even started sewing, or pinning, I ironed out the fabric really well. I added some Sage oil to my squirt bottle, to help cleanse out the fabric and prepare it for holding Magickal tools.





I used a black broadcloth for the lining of both since it's the only color I had. 




I pined them up and got to sewing




They came out great! I made them a bit longer then an average Tarot bag so I can carry their books in the bag as well. 


With plenty of room to carry any other divining tools I may need.



Sometimes in between readings I am not able to fully cleanse my deck so I usually sprinkle some salt in the bag so the cards are always getting cleansed when I put them away. I fully recommend either saging your cards or using crystals to cleanse them at least one a week or month, depending on how often you use them. During something like a psychic fair I will sage them in between every reading. 

Since everything from the fabric to the thread was black and white in making these bags I decided to go with White salt and Black salt.




Hope you enjoyed this. I believe that proper care and treatment of your cards is very important.


Peace. Love. Adventure.
AnnaStacia
The Sea Wytch

Comments

Popular Posts